Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Are they gonna eat that TV? If not, then its looting...

Wow I have been a busy busy girl. Last week we moved out of the one-room apartment in DC and moved about 15 miles north to the suburbs in Maryland. Three times the space! What is sad is that we are so used to living in one room...everything is in our living room...and thats where we stay. We have two rooms upstairs. One is totally empty. The other just has our mattresses sitting on the floor. We don't even go up there, its been so long without space that we just forget we have it at all...

We call that *prong one* of our three prong move - get all the shit out of DC and into the new place. We stamped that prong with a big red DONE (ever watch monster house?). YAY! Prong two of the move is to go to Pittsburgh and get the essentials out of the house and into the new place. This includes the bedframe that the mattresses go on (mattresses are new...oooooh...never had a real NEW bed before...exciting), the stereo (oh to have my cd jukebox back...I can hardly wait), the bedroom TV, the other car...hahah...and a few more things. Prong three is to clean that damn house out and put it on the market and SELL IT!! Anyone want to buy a nice house in PA?

There are so many things to rant about that I don't know where to start. I guess one thing to say is HEY KANYE (you dumb ass)...ARE THEY GONNA EAT THAT TV? CUZ IF THEY AREN'T, THAT'S *LOOTING* AND NOT *LOOKING FOR FOOD*

Anyone want to flame me on that? No? Good idea. What a grade A dumb ass motherfucker. You know, George Bush may NOT care about black people ~ from what I've seen in the last year or so, I really don't think he cares about ANY Americans, let alone black ones ~ but the point is that a hurricane relief benefit program is not an appropriate forum to express your misguided, racially motivated opinions. Nothing like dividing your country during its moments of greatest need. Brilliant idea. Why don't we just set an industrial strength fan in front of this whole house of cards and watch it fall to the ground. DUMB....ASS.

No, seriously. Dumb fucking ass. Dumb. Fucking. Ass.

Ok...I don't think I have that all fully out of my system, but for now that's good enough. I have so much more spinning in my head on this whole *racially motivated hurricane*....but thats enough for now.

Hmmm...gas prices...hmmm...I think I've spoken to this topic before. Several times. Even though gas is $3.50 a gallon here now at my local Exxon, I still see what appears to be NO reduction in their daily business. I guess, as I have suspected for the last few months or so, that we are all just gonna drop trow, bend over, and continue to let them have at us - nothing we can do, right? We have to go to work, right? We have to drive to Aunt Mary's every Sunday, right? Pick up the kids at soccer practice, run to the shoe store...blah blah blah. Mark my words...gas prices will never ~ ever ~ go down again. Never. Get used to this price ~ and higher. Cuz once they have us believing this is the $$ value of their product, that's what they will charge. Oh and the havok this is going to wreak on our economy. Oh my god. The hurricane couldn't have hit at a worse time (like there's a good time for the biggest natural disaster in US history, but then again, I digress). So its going to take more money, I read, than the GROSS NATIONAL PRODUCT of the USA to simply clean up the contamination in New Orleans. More than the GNP...of the richest country in the world. So I wreck my car. It costs $5000 to fix it, but its only worth $2000. What do they normally do? They total it. Of course we can't *total* New Orleans...but...FUCK!! Its gonna cost more money to fix it than the country has!! Oy.

I fear the worst for our country ~ I really do ~ I can almost see the end days looming on the horizon. I fear our leadership is not equipped to handle any of the challenges it faces (ie wars it cant end...cities it cant fix). And I fear our people have become so divided (along so many lines - partisan, racial, religious...hell you name it) that there is no way we can ever pull together to accomplish ANYTHING...

*sigh* all doom and gloom, eh?

And yeah, Kanye, you're still a dumb ass.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad i dont live in an area bellow see level...... and a place where theres no hurrcanes tornadoes or valcanoes, mind you we get some wicked ice storms sometimes.

Anonymous said...

I don't want a car, hell, I don't even have a car, for money reasons, but you NEED a fucking car to have a life and I don't understand why that has to be. Why the fuck is there not public transportion EVERYWHERE!!? And what I just learned in economics class is that oil isen't even CLOSE to running out. Oil is bountiful, yet prices are so fucking high. If there was a oil crisis, wouldn't there be MORE drilling to get oil? The highest amount of drilling was actually in 1980, not NOW.

Anonymous said...

amen! I love public transportation. the metro and bus system in washington DC is AWESOME. you can go anywhere in the district without even needing a car. my car was parked for months at a time. AND my employer subsidizes me if I take it...so I dont even have to pay! Now that Im in the suburbs, im about 8 miles away from the furthest out metro station. so i have to drive there now, then take the metro in. still faster than traffic, but I do miss the city commuter lifestyle. If every major city was like DC or NY like that, we could all throw our cars away. At least city dwellers could. Oh and it would be nice if suburbia got some metro stations too....damit.

and no, theres no oil shortage. i hear theres a refinery shortage from the hurricane but thats temporary. oil companies want their money bad, those refineries, if not already repaired, will be reallllly reallllly soon. its just fucking *national emergency* gas price gouging. the reason it went up over 1.20 a gallon in the first place was 9-11. after 9-11 gas prices skyrocketed, never to return. why? because we NEED to be gouged after a national crisis???? WTF? ok something terrible just happened...LETS RAISE GAS PRICES!! wont that make everything better??? OH and of course lets NEVER lower them again. again...MARK MY WORDS. gas prices WILL NEVER EVER go down again. never. sorry folks. we are ABUSED every time there is a national emergency. its their perfect excuse to raise prices...and its unconscionable behavior!!

oooh i ranted. sorry. oh wait its my blog. hahahah...

Anonymous said...

Wow! I started writing my comments here and before I knew it, I had written about 4 pages of a rant. So, I’ll just surmise and shorten that up a bit.

I’m glad we have your blog and the millions of others out there so we can document the 2nd fall of the Roman Empire. Rome fell when the Empire lost touch with the common folk. History is repeating itself. The Aristocracy that is disguising itself as a democracy, doesn’t care one bit about it’s peasants.

The White House, congress, the House of Reps, they are only interested in protecting the appearance of doing good works for the common people. They only care about protecting their jobs. JOBS!! Hell, they don’t have jobs; they have an all-expense paid luxury cruise through life. It’s not just the gov’ment, but corporate America also. They care nothing about the common man. It’s the execs and the rich share holders that matter to them. Let me finish by listing a few facts that piss me off:

1. Exxon Mobil Corp.’s revenue totaled more than $82 billion in the first three months of the year. That’s a 44% increase in their profits over the prior quarter, and that’s just one company. (think about that as you plop down $50 or more to fill up your tank)

2. Pfizer, the world’s largest drug company, reported 4th quarter profits in 2004 of $2.28 Billion dollars. (As a person who’s drugs cost about $700 a month, and that’s with Medicare picking up 80% of the most expensive ones, that pisses me off! And I shouldn’t say gov’ment, ‘cause if you pay taxes, that’s you picking that up . . . thanks by the way)


3. Speaking of taxes, how much do you have taken out of your paycheck? Probably at least 25% or better. Congress makes the tax laws. Did you know that members of congress pay NO TAXES? That’s right; they passed that law a long time ago. They don’t pay any tax, income or otherwise on their gov’ment salaries. Do you think they give a shit about how much tax is taken out of your paycheck? And, wouldn’t you like to have a job where every year, you got to decide that you got a raise and how much it was going to be. Of course they don’t abuse that. I think the average raise they vote for is only about 15 to 20%.

4. Our loving, tender-hearted leaders have made people who decide to use a natural medicine (that has no side affects) to relieve excruciating pain, instead of handing over fist-fulls of money to the drug company for pills that make them sicker, into criminals.

5. Our leaders that swore to uphold democracy, passed an illegal law that allows police agencies to tap your phone, enter your home, take your property, all with no warrants or proof that you have broken a law. Did you know that law enforcement has seized property from US citizens because an anonymous tipster told them that there were drugs involved. And, after it was proven that the tip was a lie, the person did not get their property back. That’s right, the gov’ment kept the property even though the person did absolutely nothing wrong. Oh, by the way, what have you checked out from the local library lately? Can’t remember? No problem. Just ask the gov’ment. The Patriot Act allows the gov’ment to seize your history of what you checked out from the library. It also allows the gov’ment to enter your home and search it without you knowing. Anything in your home seem out of place lately? All of this is absolutely 180 degrees opposite of what the US Constitution allows.

6. As Chris rock said, “George Bush hates midgets.” (OK, I just put that in there ‘because I laughed my ass off when I read the story about him saying that)

7. Here’s my final one, but I think it pisses me off the most. The United States ranks 139th out of 172 countries in voter turnout. On average, about 52% of all eligible voters turn out to vote in national Presidential elections. That drops to below 50% in the 2-year congressional elections. So, if you don’t get involved and vote, then you have no right to open your mouth and complain about taxes, or your rights, or when they come and seize all your property and throw your ass in jail and don’t tell you why.

All of this to say that I agree with you Cindy. I too am scared! I’m scared that our country is falling apart. We’ve gone into a downwards spiral that we may not be able to pull out of.

I think I may need to start a blog of my own. Everytime I say something on yours, it turns into a novel - - sorry.

Anonymous said...

s'ok...thats what its here for :) I love chat...