Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I'm Bored, Full and Rambling about Gas Again

I'm really going to *try* to keep this short today, because I have a lot going on...

OMFG it took me 2 1/2 hours to get to work this morning. The traffic was at a total stop. It took an hour and a half to go the 9 miles to the metro train station. I was 40 minutes late to work...on a flex schedule even!! I didnt get in until after 10 am. Left the house at 7:45.... Yes, that is what we like to call an UNTENABLE situation. We have another commuter train (the marc train) that leaves about 1 mile from my house...its more expensive, but its a direct shot to the metro train stop just before mine at work. Starting Monday, I'm riding that damn train. Most days, traffic sucks but is OK, usually about 20-30 minutes to go that 9 miles to the metro. Its those days like today, tho, that you can't predict....and that just make you want to turn around and go back home to bed.

Got the next two days off work...taking some leave Thursday, Veterans Day holiday on Friday. Thought I might get some sewing done and then I looked in the mirror and realized that its REALLY time for a rebraiding, so I'm heading down to the gallery Friday at 6:45 am sharp to get in line for a 10 hour braidfest. Of course, that means I have to UNBRAID first...ugh...and that is what I get to do tomorrow. It wont take all day (only about 5 or 6 hours...really) so I can get some work done :) but man, I hate rebraiding time. Its payback for all the hair shit I don't have to worry about every morning. How many women would love to get up in the morning, unwrap the scarf around their head, shake out their hair, and go to work? I can be ready in less than 8 minutes :) and that includes shower, shaving, lotion, makeup, the works :) But MAN do I pay for it on unbraiding/rebraiding days.

Ahh well. I still enjoy this hair style and its been almost 2 years. So why quit now :)

So yeah that's whats up. Been messing around with my hoodie pattern, I have some new and interesting designs coming up in the next listing...I guess that part should really be on my About Me page - this isn't an advertising area, this is my damn blog...hahah...but yeah I've been working hard on it, and I'm pleased with the outcome, so I guess I can say that here.

OMG...was that something positive in my blog???? FUCK. I'll have to stop doing that.

I just had the BEST beef stroganoff for lunch. I'm stuffed full and uncomfortable and I'm gonna have to spend 2 hours in the gym tonight to make up for it. But man was it GOOD. SHIT. I've had a few meetings with my personal trainer here over the last week...redid my lifting regime...I told him its time to take it to the next level (MEGA GIRL hahahahahah) and now he's got me doing lifts I've never heard of before...with ridiculous numbers of reps...hahaha...he says in a few months I'm gonna be the freaking incredible hulk...

But i dont like green.... :(

The point of mentioning that tho is my ass hurts. my ass HURTS. my literal ass. my ass. my butt. hurts. squats...ugh...straight dead lifts...ugh.... and tonight he has me doing.... get this... PUSH UPS!! what the fuck. im not in the military... he says drop and give me twenty and I said YEAH RIGHT go fuck yourself. he didnt go fuck himself. he told me to do them. so tonight its push ups...

I have to do girly style push ups...you know, balancing on your knees with your legs in the air (i know what blind colorado perv is thinking right now....) because I weight 138 pounds and I can't bench press 138 pounds. I can bench maybe 55 pounds with 10 reps and 3 sets. I can maybe bench press a max of 80 pounds one time. I can't lift my lard ass off the ground....so its girly push ups for me. Maybe someday when I am the green hulking woman I will be able to bench press myself. haha sounds dirty....

Oh and don't get me started on Ebay sales today. Wow is the market in a slump and so close to Christmas, too, which is odd. I remember this time last year sales were bangin'...this year...so far mostly blah. Its because we are all paying so goddamn much for the necessities of life right now...

Speaking of which, did you hear the news yesterday? Oil companies just reported their annual profits...some were up 100% over last year!!! 100%!!!! They are reaping HUMONGOUS FUCKING PROFITS while farmers cant afford to put gas in their fucking tractors. WHAT THE FLAMING FUCK???? I hear the gov't is going to try to go after them - maybe windfall profit tax - to try to relieve some of the burden on us. I have a better idea....but its waaaaay far too violent....so nm. How about we find some criminal charges to indict their CEO's on? How about we line up thier corporate officers, strip their asses naked, bend them over, and have an ass raping conga line??? A nice payback for the reaming they've been handing us. oh wait...far too violent again. oops. Ya know they went on about IRAQ, KATRINA, RITA...blah blah blah our refineries are broken/damaged/expensive to run.... yet crude oil goes up in price only 10%.... and gasoline goes up in price 100%. YEAH. You oil companies are robbing us blind ON PURPOSE because, well, you can (how about some REGULATION??? in the oil industry...fuck the phone company and the electric company cant charge us out the ass for their services...why not gas stations too???) I'm suprised we aren't all rioting at this news. But we aren't. We're filling up our fucking gas tanks and going to work (when traffic will let us get there).

Fuckity fuck that shit pisses me off. Can you tell?

Oh well. Off to do some gov'mint work, then do push ups, then sew...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, PiP! My best lifting is the beer can to my gullet. Got the damn belly to prove it, too! *flexes & grunts*

Anonymous said...

oh believe me...i can do the 12 ounce curl like a pro :) and sometimes, when im feeling really frisky...i go for the 16 ounce curl...

you all are just YOUNG. bah. young people suck :) and thats only because im not one of ya. once you hit 40 you CANT FIX THE ERRORS OF YOUR PAST. well maybe, but its DAMN HARD. so im trying to slide into 40 in excellent shape so as not to fuck up too bad.

but my ass still hurts...

Anonymous said...

Now not only does my ass hurt, but now my chest muscles hurt too...GODDAMN PUSH UPS...

I'm old and in pain...

*whimpers*

What's retarded is I've already been working my chest...for years...why would push ups hurt???

*more whimpers*

Anonymous said...

*hands ALDG a beer*

There, there. This will take away the pain!

Anonymous said...

“ . . once you hit 40 you CANT FIX THE ERRORS OF YOUR PAST.” I hit the big 40 earlier this year. You know what it did for me? . . . got me one step closer to correcting that earlier error called birth. Thankfully, that error will most likely be corrected a lot sooner for some of us lucky bastards then for others.

Anonymous said...

By the time you hit 40, you're supposed to be able to know how to cover up those alleged 'errors of your past'.

Lie. Recant. Repeat.

If that fails, the traditional method of 'shoot, shovel and shut up' works well.