Monday, May 22, 2006

I Need a Vampire Bite....NOW!!

Awww Christ...I just looked at the calendar. Almost *that* time again...

No, not my period...hahaha...

My birthday. Christ X 2. Christ X 3. I am not ready for this. Not ready to be 37. Hell, I'm not ready to be 36...or 30 for that matter...but ya know, I really have no choice in the matter other than to stop the clock all together. And I'm not ready for THAT yet, either.

This really scares me. This 37 thing. Sounds a whole lot like 40. Sounds a whole lot like OLD. I look in the mirror and I can see that I'm on the cusp of my youth...I don't have much time left. Soon I will look *middle aged* ~ wrinkes, gray hair (goddamn them I never had them before just recently...wtf), saggy this and flabby that ~ and I AM NOT READY FOR THIS. I'm fighting it tooth and nail but soon...oh so soon...it will become a losing battle.

I don't want to grow old. I don't want my skin to age. I don't want my hair to age. I don't want my body to age. I really, really, really don't want my mind to age. I don't want to become feeble. I like being strong, bright, vibrant... young...

I feel the empty.... I feel the minute of decay...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darlin', I'm facing the big 37 in August, and I feel your pain. I know I'm old because when people express shock at my age I *really* *really* LIKE it. Like they've just given me a hit of some super drug...which, of course, makes me utterly pathetic. My dilemma, as always, is at what point my haircolor, make up and wardrobe will make me look like I'm desperate and trying too hard instead of just eclectic and interesting. Sh*t, I've never commented on a blog before...this is the first. Well, that makes me even more elderly, now doesn't it? gennimcmahon

Anonymous said...

Oh hell, is blog commenting another sign of aging? I am really screwed then...

I understand the superdrug...I eat up age compliments like they're a big ole chocolate bar. I hear so much of it, especially with my damn ugly face all over ebay and the internet - wow you look about 25 - and it makes my day. Amazing what a little make up and the right camera angles can do...hah... It WILL come to an end tho, its inevitable. It makes me very sad.

And I, too, am waiting for the day when the clothes I LOVE to wear look like *clown garb* on an otherwise old and fading prima dona...

yeah i borrowed that line...

Anonymous said...

No, see, having never commented before is a sign of age. When you see the elderly woman with the skin like baked elephant, stiletto heels with knee highs, a mini skirt, halter top, smeary green tattoo of a butterfly, no bra and earrings that drag her ear lobes to her shoulders, is there not a part of you that says, "Goddamn, YEAH!" At least she's a walking Fuck You to the elastic waist, polyester pants, SASS shoes wearing AARP set. OH, and as for that bullshit that men get better looking with age, I would posit that this is true only if they have all their clothes on. Have you looked at Harrison Ford's neck lately? I'm betting his boys are drifting around his knees, and his ass has all but disappeared. gennimcmahon

Anonymous said...

HAHAH...I'm still stuck on the boys drifting around the knees...

...nope still stuck...

*drops dead*

Anonymous said...

OMFG!

'...boys drifting around the knees...'

Holy shit, that's the best goddamn line I've ever heard. I heart you, anonymous!


Your best friend is 27 - does that make you feel any younger? Tho, I'm not a good specimen by which to compare others of my age. :P

Anonymous said...

"I'm on my way down now, I'd like to take you with me..."