The 9-11 bullshit on MySpace about did me in....
Ok seriously. After about the 1000th MySpace bulletin yesterday for 9-11 drama, I was sure I was going to snap. But somehow I made it to the 1001st bulletin for 9-11 drama that was posted today before it finally took me over the edge...
I don't believe any of us NEED to review scenes from 9-11 over and over again to be reminded of how horrific those events were. We don't need "boo hoo" statistics (3,100 children left parentless, 1,000 widows...blah blah blah) to point out the magnitude of the event (and, btw, most of those statistics you're quoting...AREN'T correct). I think any rational and thinking human being has already grasped the magnitude of the horror of the 9-11 attacks. If you do not grasp this, perhaps you should do us all a favor and remove yourself from our planet post haste.
Why are they posting this crap? Well, here is an excerpt from one bulletin explaining why the poster felt the need to share:
People move on ith [sic] their lifes [sic], but seriously, don't you remember this? This is hisorty [sic]. You will be telling yuor [sic yet again] kids this story when they are older. Just don't forget your past. If you do, you have no future.
(you also don't have any future if you don't know how to spell...but I digress)
*But seriously, DONT YOU REMEMBER THIS*???? WTF!!!! September 11, 2001???? Did something happen that day??? Do we need a MySpace bulletin to be REMINDED of these events already??? I don't fucking think so. And while that bit of idiocy almost tied my brain in a knot... this tidbit at the end really sent me over the edge:
PLEASE REP0ST THiS F0R ALL 0F THE PE0PLE WH0 HAVE DiED. THEY W0ULD D0 THE SAME F0R Y 0 U . .
So the epitome of respect we can show for those who died on 9-11, the most expressive form of grief and remembrance we can offer the dead, is to REPOST a lame ass BULLETIN on MySpace? And really, would the dead do the same for me, were I in their place? Does this person truly believe that the reposting of graphic pictures and misspelled inane drivel will somehow COMFORT the SOULS of the dead, or the souls of their loved ones who remain behind???
My fucking god you drama hound children. You can almost feel the need to be *part of the drama* dripping from whomever composed that bulletin. And the reposters, too. Let me reassure you ~ and allow those who were THERE and LOST loved ones to also reassure you ~ 9-11 was NOT an event YOU wanted to be part of the drama of. It wasn't that kind of drama where you break up with your boyfriend and get to block him from your MySpace page and remove his phone number from your cell phone.... then wait for him to realize he's been blocked so that you can have a wailing, crying dramatic moment over it. One where you get to be the star of your own fucked up freak show...
The events of 9-11-01 were not good ones to be personally involved in. I almost feel idiotic having to say that. I am ETERNALLY grateful that I was not involved directly in the tragedy. And I don't care to perpetuate the assinine drama bullshit that went on yesterday over this whole anniversary. We remember what happened. We don't - and WON'T - ever need to be reminded about what happened. And we should have proper REVERENCE and RESPECT for those whose lives were ended or forever altered by its effects.
Grow up and be grateful, you little drama fucks.
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Amen!!
All of us know what happened and for those of us directly impacted seeing again, and hearing about it non-stop for the week leading up to it made it worse than it already was.
This is why I love you so much . . You can put into words the things that most of us are thinking, but are just too pissed and annoyed to write it all down! There are advantages to not being able to see the images over and over again. Just listening to it 5 years ago hurt so much. I don't know if I could have handled watching it all over and over and over.
ahhh if only i had mmoney to buy some mor e of your stuff
Post a Comment