Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I got....YOU....Babe.....

ARGH! Life in chaos! What an existence! Back from Phoenix, back to life as we know it, only fatter and MORE hectic, if you can believe it.

I had the pleasure of meeting Ngoc, one of my clients, out in Phoenix whilst I was toiling away there. She is sooooooooooo itty bitty!! Dayum :) Gave her her new Iron Maiden straight jacket *jealousy* ...then we went out drinking with my favorite coworker Christina to a bar on the hotel property that we had a gift certificate to. Turns out, unbeknownst to us, that my boss' boss was there with some other coworkers - and they were singing karoke!! Soooooooo me, the supa metalhead freak, took a client to....Karoke Night with The Boss. whooot n holla. I was simply mortified. But not too mortified to actually get up, put on a black urban cowgirl hat and a purple and black feather boa (yes, dressed in the usual angrygirl gear - black and metal, the full freakagalia...need you even ask?), grab a tambourine and join a coworker in a rousing rendition of *I Got You Babe*

yep

Sonny and Cher.....

Ok so now that I have no street cred anymore, let me just reiterate that I was drunk, it was MY BOSS' BOSS MAKING ME DO IT, it was the first *and last* time I ever sang karoke....AND I had lost a bet at work a while back that involved a yellow dress *dont ask* and this was my payback.

I fit the part perfectly with the hair and all....and I DID do some headbanging at the end there, ya know, kinda toughen up the song a little bit....

Yeah, so we got tired of the singing pretty quickly and went to a room party being thrown by another coworker. He somehow got the master suite in the place...he had a 10-seat conference table in his room with a full kitchen and TWO bathrooms!! He's not a boss or anything special either, he just got lucky. Its a good thing he had two bathrooms cuz one of his tubs was full of beer. GOTTA LOVE THAT!! I tore right into the rolling rocks :) what the fuck, I wasn't driving anywhere. One guy brought his kids, they were two boys about 6 and 8 ish, they were playing in the bedroom when I got there. I went and grabbed a beer, and walked out the boys were being all rambunctious....running and playing...ran by me...and stopped. Silent. Stared at me and walked by...my coworkers are laughing their asses off....I'm like, did I just frighten children???? Come on, I'm not THAT weird....

The party was breaking up about half an hour after we got there, so we *well I* grabbed a few more beers from the tub, and Ngoc and I went back to my room. Sat and drank and talked about everything....I altered some clothes for her hehehe....and she showed me the movie short her boyfriend made that she starred in...before you know it it was 5:15 am. I had to catch a taxi at 6am for the airport and I wasnt even fully packed yet. I am soooooooo lucky I looked at the time. Of course Christina did call a little while later to see if I was up and I was like, ummmm....yeah...heh. So I packed and rushed outta there, got to the plane in time, survived the flight, had a few days off work...

Came in to work this morning...

To coworkers...

Singing a chorus of *I got you babe!! I got you babe!!*

I will never live this down...

Moral of the story, if there is one...if you're gonna get drunk with the boss' boss and you're gonna sing karoke...choose a better song...christ....

I got....YOU....babe....

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahah....no way!! that was a one time only performance :) oooh the thought sends shivers!! Id think youd want NICE memories of your wedding day anyway... :)

Anonymous said...

Puuulllleeeezzzz, not like you sang songs from Grease...on your wedding night...in a honky tonk...in Greenville, Tx...with witnesses...that you can't get rid of.

Did you have to take off your shoes to get on the plane?

Anonymous said...

did you do that??? I must have been terribly drunk because I don't remember that. Maybe I was sooooo drunk that I wasn't there any more...hahah.

Well, it was more like I had to take off my monsterstomper boots, but yeah, I had to take em off. Had holes in my tights too...serves them right. See cuz I fit the profile of a terrorist...

lets not get started on that one

PUT DOWN THE KEYBOARD, JIM....

nice white doggy back away from the low hanging fruit....

Anonymous said...

Yes - it can be startling to finally realize that you scare chldren.

You. Scare. Children.


I can tolerate Sonny & Cher - used to watch the show - and you gotta love the choice of exit for Sonny (Colorado Blue Spruce - Meet Mr. Bono / Mr. Bono meet Mr... - oh...I see you've met...

(sorry - the keyboard was surgically attached years ago...)

Anonymous said...

And why does Nic so enjoy erasing her comments? Now Im like...wtf? Did she call me a nerd or a geek or a fuckhead or...CHER? or something? Then maybe think better of it? *holds scissors to BP corset...crazed look in eyes*

and the beat goes on...
lada dada dee...
lada dada dah...

Anonymous said...

You can be too fast.

I need some clarification here - -

"Sat and drank and talked about everything....I altered some clothes for her hehehe....and she showed me the movie short her boyfriend made that she starred in...before you know it it was 5:15 am."

Between the "starred in..." and the "...5:15..." - I think there's a missing Penthouse Letter...

Anonymous said...

Heh. I don't have to mention that Ngoc is Asian....but so is Christina :) So it was the classic Penthouse moment - two Asians and a freak (walk into a bar...hahahaah). Anyhoo yeah, that was the running joke all evening. Lame, I know. We were drunk...oh wait...well I was drunk, and well yeah Christina was, and well Ngoc was a little tipsy...so yeah, we were drunk...

Anonymous said...

Well I can't technically do my act without one of my coworkers *who was Sonny - hah*, the chick that ran the Karoke machine - who was Cher number one, her sister who was Cher number two, Christina the feather boa goddess, and Ngoc the screaming fan :)

Without them...no show :( thats a lot of people to invite to a wedding! And Christina eats A LOT...hahah j/k *hopes Christina never reads this*

Anonymous said...

ooooh dont pull the hair *cringes*

thats my achilles heel...oh and it hurts like HELL!!

ooochies...

*puts down scissors, caresses hair*

Anonymous said...

Well now -

between...

two Asians and a freak walk into a bar

and

well I was drunk, and well yeah Christina was, and well Ngoc was a little tipsy...so yeah, we were drunk...

and

I would have to come down there and try to kick your ass. And there would be hair pulling and smacking and curses, until I finally defeat you...

and

I can't technically do my act without one of my coworkers

and

Christina eats A LOT


---

I'll be in my bunk...

Anonymous said...

SERENITY NOW!!!

ahh I bet no one got that.

Anyway whatcha gonna do...you're surrounded by freaks - nic, ngoc, me...hell I think Christina is a closet freak *I'm working on her*

No, not getting her to come out of the closet...

I didnt know guinea pigs get pnumonia. And to top it off, I did not know there were health professionals that deal with guinea pig pneuomonia. I guess when they first developed that mediation, they had to try it first on a ... hah ... nm...

No money out the ass. I don't want assmoney *eww*...

You have my asspennies. My boss has my asspennies. Everyone has my asspennies.

I bet no one got that either.

But I know asspennies will come immediately to mind when my husband reads about money out the ass.

Yep, freaky huh?