I got a blackberry (gonna call it BB so I don't have to type that 100 times) last week. I really need to be in contact at all times with my email and my internet business, so it made logical sense, when our cell phone contracts expired, to get a BB. Its a neat little device, I must say, but not too user friendly sometimes.
Well, I had the BB for one whole day and, as we all do, I wanted to personalize it by downloading some cool desktop wallpapers. My husband has this .gif on his new phone, it actually looks like a concert is going on...and it made me think of a cute .gif I saw on a myspace profile...a little line-drawn kitten jumping and batting away at a little moth. I still had it saved, so I got on the BB, downloaded it, and was all set to make it my desktop...
...and as soon as I opened the pictures file, the BB crashed. Shut off...died. Ooops. Somehow that .gif file was not a good one to use, for it did not play nice with the BB. I tried again...went to open the picture file...and crashed again. So the logical explanation is to delete the .gif file, right? Sure. Can't do it in BB unless...drum roll please...you can get the damn pictures file open!! *sigh*
Now unlike your home PC and some phones (like my husband's), you can't hook your BB up to a PC and *explore it* - like open folders up, find the bad .gif and remove it. So I was kind of stuck. I did a google search and came up with blackberryforums.com. I went there to check it out, the forum was alive and seemed to be pretty helpful, so I registered with the forum, username what???
yep, angrylittledeadgirl
and posted my problem. Got a lot of good suggestions, especially since I'm still new at BB...
Then I got a *private email*....eh oh. From a moderator asking me to change my user name before the other moderators got together and decided it HAD to be changed. Why?? dunno. I ignored it and went on with life, because there is nothing AT ALL wrong with the username angrylittledeadgirl. Its not offensive...so wtf??
Of course, now I get this email:
The moderators agree that they would like to change your account name. I guess a moderator has to do that. Please suggest something and I will ask that it get done.
*sigh* and here is my response, sent back to our moderator friend with all speed:
Personally, I don't see what the problem is with my username. Thats the user name Ive used for 1000 years on just about every forum Ive ever been on, it is my business account name on ebay, it is even my BUSINESS WEBSITE url, for christs sake. There are no offensive words of a sexual, racist, religious, or derogatory nature in that ID, so I don't see the problem.
My posts may help other BB users solve what was a rather tricky and difficult little problem. I think downloading a corrupt file is a pretty common occurence, and BB is not too user friendly in allowing access to those files. But if you want to delete a post that could possibly help future users, that is your business. I refuse to change my user name simply because someone sees it as *weird* - for that must be the case, as there is no other explanation for your decision.
You may delete my account in full from your forum, for I have no interest in dealing with closed-minded individuals.
Have a good day.
I know my response pretty much sums it up so I have little to add, but I must still ask, WTF? What the FUCK is wrong with the user name angrylittledeadgirl??? Fucking closed minded techogeek fucking idiots....
Yes, I did get my BB up and running again. In a moment of clarity I realized if I renamed a *safe* .gif file to the same name as the corrupted file, uploaded it and overwrote the bad file, I'd be all good to go again. I even posted my solution on the forum for the world to see. Trying to pay it forward and help others. That's what I get for that.
I'm off now to register as angrylittledeadgirl in EVERY forum I can find...
Monday, March 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
SEE the PM left for you.
ok ok...correction...I'm not YET banned from the forum. Now my *case* gets to go before the site owner. I guess a site owner can do what the hell ever they want - its their site. Its an option I excersise myself on a regular basis as a site owner...
whatever. *sigh* I'm offended and tired of BS and probably won't be going back, so its of little consequence.
Did I just say BS on my own blog?? sorry to disappoint...I meant bullshit. for some reason, my self-censorship button was stuck in the on position.
The creepy technogeeks are stalking you...
You offensive-username-having-trouble-maker, you!
Well that makes two creepy stalkers that I know of...
Any more wanna come forward? Come on...chickens!!
*brock brock*
that was a chicken noise. btw.
I resent being called creepy....
ROFLMAO...I didn't even count you in my creepy stalker list. I don't think you count as a stalker because I'm also stalking you... so its not really fair...
:)
creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy
Back in the day before JRN would give us email, I signed up w/yahoo so listeners could email me. I wanted to use my air name as a screenname. Ya know...MY NAME. But yahoo wouldn't let me. They said that yahoo found something about MY NAME objectional. I'm sure they wouldn't have to try hard to find many things about ME objectional, but my poor widdle name?
<3,
JD SPEED
I represent offensiveness. I feel your pain.
Post a Comment