I should be working. I have things to get done, but I don't care to do them. Been doing some market research, seems DIY clothing is in a slump for sales right now, and it has been for about 2 weeks. Not sure why...I haven't been in this long enough to know when the seasonal cycles really are, so it could be that. It could also be that our economy fucking SUCKS and no one has money because they've spent it all on gasoline and food. I just heard "they" - whomever they are - are expecting food prices to rise again. Terrific. I spend $120 a WEEK for groceries right now...for just two of us...although I must admit it takes a LOT of food to keep my husband running...so he uses most of it hahah. And when did we all give up and decide that $2.30 a gallon for gas was ACCEPTABLE? We all just like shrugged our little shoulders and went *oh well thats what gas costs now* and went on about our trite little lives. HEY AMERICA??? Why aren't we kicking and screaming about this?!?!?! *oh but we're in a war and things just cost more during war time* - BULLSHIT!! We must of course realize that gas will never ever cost less than $2.00 a gallon now...never. Its become the *accepted* baseline, like $1.00 a gallon used to be back when I was in high school. We will never pay less again. Oh and you can bet in ten years, gas will skyrocket again...and we will all shrug our little shoulders and go *what can we do about it?* and we will pay out our $3.75 a gallon and go on about our trite little lives.
Some days I get so angry i could just fucking explode.
Anyway, gas has been expensive for a while *resists urge to pound something to mulch* and the DIY market has been doing well up til recently, so I'm not sure thats the full reason...maybe a combination of some seasonal slump and crappy economy and maybe even the fact that the market is now so deluged...everyone is selling now, so there's no one left to buy *except me* LOL...well, I'll ride this out and see what happens, what else have I got to do anyway???
Went to the new Star Wars movie last night. My husband's radio station had a VIP seating area and it was all free, with free food and free alcohol too...now how can you turn that down?? Well, we do live an hour and a half driving distance from the station (only 30 miles...but in the northeast the traffic is THAT insane) soooo three hours on the road round trip roughly equated to $20 in gasoline used, making it not THAT free, but I drank as much of the alcohol as I could to make up for it...j/k. The movie was great...there were some scenes when Hayden Christiansen was actually cute *im shocked* LOL mostly when he was full-on dark side...go figure. It set up the original Star Wars really well. I was sitting there thinking...I saw the first Star Wars when I was 7, and now almost 30 years later I'm finally seeing the answers to all the questions that those movies left open. Wild. Took em long enough...damn :) There were actually people in costume at the theater...even, what, 5 days after the movie opened? I guess the geeks aren't sick of it yet haha.
I should go work...I'd rather be doing something else...but I'm home alone on Sunday (husband is at work...someone has to keep rock radio rollin') and I have no car, and I don't really want to go outside - there are too many people in DC...so hi ho hi ho its off to sew I go.... :)
Sunday, May 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It's been over $2.50...a few weeks ago, here in DC...truly insane. And I hear NO ONE complaining about it...of course, maybe I'm just not listening. We should be fucking marching on the capitol *Do it on a workday so they will close my building....hahahah* and not letting this issue drop. Its too expensive to live. I'm worth more dead. hmmmm....
Sing it girl!! I just went down to like $2.08 here. Then 2 days later it will go back up. I'm right there with ya on the groceries too! Try feeding 4 people! How bought a fucking gallon of milk...It's almost $4! And don't get me started on the price of cigarettes! My hubby smokes like a chimney. And we've got a big ass Ram truck that now costs about $50-60 to fill up.
Man..what an awesome way to watch the movie! We'll be going this week sometime I'm sure. Tom's been DYING to go! Almost went by himself. Hope you had a good weekend!
Post a Comment