Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Good Lord its only Tuesday...

Am I reading this calendar right?

The predominate mood of the morning is *wasted tired* as 5:30 am hits like an anvil on the brain. And really, can this alarm clock get any louder and more intrusive? Hobbling into the bathroom, I turn on the light...AHHHHH bright light bright light...eyes watering...take a quick shower, spray some gook on my braids...

fight with the cat who keeps trying to eat my toes...

put some gook on my face, gather up my meager belongings, kiss my still sleeping husband goodbye, stagger out the door. 6:00 am... still dark out. Great. Dew all over, kind of hazy out, too, like mist. Waiting for the heat and defrost to start working...

Managing through the shivers (come ON heat) to toss a Pantera greatest hits cd into the deck. AAAAhhh nothing like testosterone-driven aggression to start the morning off right. And I'm gonna need it, too. The 8 mile ride to the train station is on one of the most heavily-used arteries into the nation's capital. Today it shows the use, because I'm sitting in a 20 minute bumper to bumper backup. Come up on police lights - finally - to find a Ryder truck pulled over. WTF? Where is the wreck? Where is the mangled body show? 20 minutes of stopped traffic over some dude getting speeding ticket??? They aren't even blocking the road, people, what the FUCK?

Pantera just doesn't cut it any more. Switching to Rammstein. Considering Lamb of God...need more aggression...really want a coke. Can't have a coke. Will make me have to pee at some point on 45 minute train ride. Can't have that, right? Although the caffeine jeeb is so bad that the small chance I'd take in actually wetting my pants makes it seem worth it.

$9.50 to park and ride the train in, not to mention the gallon or so of gas to get here. $9.50 - Christ. What do I make an hour??? Am I losing money coming to work?? The train is nice and quiet for a while, then the kids start piling in. And piling in. And piling in. Turn up the Mudvayne louder...all I have on the MP3 player is Mudvayne, as it only holds about 2 1/2 albums...so its got Mudvayne, Mudvayne, and half a Mudvayne. Wish I had the other half of the Mudvayne, but thats all the room I got.

Switch trains.

Wheee fun. If I miss the train, I wait 10 more minutes. Can't miss the train but this BITCH in front of me wont a) MOVE b) walk faster c) MOVE d) MOVE....

All this to get to my final goal...a bland brown cubicle in a bland brown building. Turns out I get to stay late tonight to do some network testing. Hoooo ray. MUST GO TO SNACK BAR AND GET COKE NOW. and dry cleaning. and drop this package off at the post office *the charity shrug...pink...eeek*

Back in the bland cubicle. Boss needs to schedule a meeting. I can handle that. Easy. Let's just pop open this calendar....

Am I reading this calendar right???

fuck.

28 1/2 years to retirement, kids. Aint life grand?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if you regret picking the major which got you stuck into a cubicle...? Maybe you should have picked a job which you wouldn't mind waking up at 6 for. Hell, a job is still a job no matter what kind it is. I don't mean to sound harsh or anything, I just think we all sometimes regret going in a certain direction.

Anonymous said...

We all wake up one day and wonder How in the hell did I get here- You don't always end up where you started out or where you planned to be when they sat you down in high school and asked *what do you want to be when you grow up* Shit, you hit 30 and still wonder when you are going to grow up. It never turns out the way you think.