Ok so I'm going through some bags that my husband left on the kitchen counter. They seem empty, but it turns out there IS something in one of them. Fearing the worst ~ I have thrown away paychecks before...it is no laughing matter ~ I rummaged through the bag and found...
A Pamphlet! A Watch Tower Tract titled, "Does Fate Rule Our Lives? Or Does God Hold Us Responsible?"
I sez to myself I sez, wow, how ironic...that I just wrote a blog on this this morning and here, for like the first time EVER, is one of these very pamphlets in my home. I read it. Mind you, I am quite intelligent and I've heard their lines before...so I knew exactly what I would find inside. Paraphrasing ~ Does man have freedom of choice to chose between good and wicked, or are his actions predetermined? If a man's future is ruled by fate, then how can God rightly judge him on what he cannot change? The answer, after 4 or 5 bible passages that are only *slightly* germaine to the question...man has been given the freedom to choose the path between righteous and wicked. Best choose righteous and do it now...and here's how...because the end times they are a comin'...
Let me tell you a joke I heard about this very devoutly religious man. There was a huge flood that wiped out his town. He was stranded in 10 feet of water, on his rooftop. A helicoptor came by to rescue him, but he declined, saying, "God will take care of me." A boat came by to rescue him, only to be turned away the same. A fireman threw him a rope to try to haul him to safety, yet this pious man still declined, saying, "God will take care of me." Well, as it happens, the man starved to death, and went to Heaven. When he finally got to meet God he asked, "Why, Lord, did you not take care of me as you promised?" God replied, "I DID try to take care of you! I sent a helicopter, a boat, a fireman......."
Point? Well, is it fate...coincidence...humorous happenstance that this phamplet is sitting, so ironically in my home....or did God just send me a helicopter??
Think on that one. I'm going to go sew now.
Wednesday, October 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
A pre-planned, planted pamphlet designed to perplex?
roflmao...except that bag has been there since yesterday, when Jeff brought home groceries... :S It appears he got pablum-ed at the grocery store. Everyone here in DC is so goddamned concerned, ya know??
*thwudup thwudup thwudup*
[helicopter sounds]
Now you're scaring me....
hahahah....
The pamphlet went into the trash immediately after I published the blog. So if it WAS a helicoptor, guess I'm buring in hell...
I expected it anyway.
As I've said time and time again, 'Save me a seat at the bar'. I'll surely be joining you. Besides, I'd rather stay in hell than be anywhere those pamphlet toting freaks will be.
Let me restate...I'll not be BURING in hell. I don't even know how to BUR. I will, however, be BURNING in hell. I don't even know how to spell.
Me have masters duh-gree. Me so smart me pick own ass.
So - after getting the dogs to shut up - I'm on the front deck asking the little door knockers
"so...do you save bad girls...?" - I say
"why, yes we do..." sayeth the door knockers...
"great" says I...
"save me two for Saturday night..."
They don't stop by much anymore...
Freeman is a nut :)
Goddamn door knockers anyway...
Post a Comment