Monday, January 23, 2006

The Best Policy is to Splatter Yourself On Sunday Night

I have a problem with the *T* on this laptop...almost every time I hit the key, it types a *T* then sends the cursor off to some other area of my text, and then continues typing from there. So if anything I type looks I did it when I was drunk, that's the explanation right there.

Started Public Humiliation 2006 today. Hoooray. If you want to check it out, its on my Live Journal...there's a handy link to it on the top of my eBay About Me page. Basically, same thing as last year. Posting my weight in the hopes that the pure embarrassment of it will make me stop misbehaving and lose the weight. So far, half a pound gone. YAY. Got to start somewhere I suppose :)

I'm very serious about losing this weight this time. Not only because I'm getting OLD and the weight just keeps creeping up on me...but I really need to be modeling my damn clothes. I know I know I've said it 1000 times before. Here is 1001. And goddamn it, I'm gonna do it this time even if I DO have to develop an eating disorder...

Been really busy so far this year. Got in touch with a few old friends recently - one from college and one from...get this...junior high school (!!!) - so I've actually been *kinda* social. As much as I can be. Also been cleaning out the house in Pittsburgh - trying to get up there every other or every third week. The place is pretty much empty now... hoping to get it on the market here in February and see if we can't get it sold so we can move on with our lives. And I'm still working full time, and commuting 15+ hours a week...and still finding time to list a few DIY items on ebay. And I'm not even close to dropping dead *yet*...

This sounds like that evil form letter you get in some Christmas cards, doesn't it? Hey! Haven't talked to you in a while...life is good...kids are good...Bob got a promotion, we bought a new car...blah blah blah. I guess I don't have a good rant in me today, although it seems I really should. Commutes have been MISERABLE lately - some idiot decided to commit suicide Friday during afternoon rush hour by putting himself in front of a freight train. Of course they had to close down the entire line for hours so they could spray off the tracks and investigate. It took me 5 hours to get home. Had to go an hour and a half away by bus to Virginia to a coworkers house, so she could drive me the hour and a half back to Maryland so I could get my Jeep from the train station parking lot. I was sure it was gonna be blood spattered (the accident happened right at my train station) but it turns out it wasn't. No gore. No nothing. Ahhh well.

Some days I think it might be me in front of that freight train. Although I would have the common courtesy to splatter myself at some other time than rush hour on Friday afternoon so that the 10,000 or so people who relied on the train line to get home...could get there. Yeah, I'd splatter myself on Saturday or something...maybe Sunday night when I get the *fuck I gotta go back to work tomorrow* depression...

Meh. I wanna sew a new thing...dunno what yet...but I wanna. I'm bored.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha...how morbid...
:D