Monday, March 13, 2006

Update...angrylittledeadgirl Given Reprieve on blackberryforums.com...

Please see blog posted below if you're lost :)

Results of *case* for angrylittledeadgirl presented to site owner:

The owner says you should stay on. We all did not realize you had a business around this name. While some are offended many are not and we would like you to stay around. I have enclosed a tips doc for you. We are sorry if we upset you.

Hell of a welcome wagon committee. I still don't understand the problem, or how my having a business named angrylittledeadgirl makes the problem ok.

I know I live in an alternate universe. But I don't think I'm THAT far gone...seriously...is there something offensive about angrylittledeadgirl that I'm missing??? Am I THAT far out of the loop of reality???

Let me know....

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ask Polly Klass

Anonymous said...

So you are suggesting that my user ID reminds one of abducted and murdered little girls? And those, who, for instance, are parents of missing/abducted/murdered little girls would be offended by my ID?

Thats quite a far stretch. Perhaps if the ID had been limited to *littledeadgirl*, I could see where that connotation could be implied. However, the use of *angry* in front changes the meaning of the ID toward the idea of a horror movie (think the little girl in The Ring...or The Grudge) or perhaps even a tormented little freak, or goth girl...both of which ring closer to the truth of how I originally came about that ID.

*littledeadgirl* would probably be an offensive ID to some. I still don't see *angrylittledeadgirl* as being offensive, at least in the example you provided.

Unfortunately, any ID you use will probably be offensive to someone. As will every word that comes out of your mouth. There are 5 billion people on the planet and the odds of offending NONE of them is pretty fucking slim. What can be done about this? Perhaps we should cleanse our society of every possible thing we can think of that could in any way, shape or form offend someone.

However that sounds like a preclude to genocide (and I'm sorry if Ive offended any holocaust survivors out there), or at the very least, censorship of a people that are supposed to be free to determine for themselves what is considered objectionable and what is not. First amendment rights. The freedom of speech. Sounds like I'm just throwing a bunch of liberal pablum in your face, but just TRY to live without these rights...

I think to sum it up, if you have to go down the block, turn the corner, go five miles down the road and dig 4 feet underground to find something offensive about my user ID...then overall, its really not THAT offensive...

My opinion.

Anonymous said...

LOL my god Nic, what a user ID you came up with... Offensive, I dunno... Ewww??? Definitely ;) But you're right, you tend to live in the same warped universe I do, so your opinion as probably as skewed as mine.

We need a normal person's opinion...like we're gonna find one on MY blog...HAHAHHAHAHA....

Anonymous said...

offensive--- "i'mgoingtobreakintoyourhouseandkillyourchild"

not offensive"angrylittledeadgirl"


hmmmm



i like your stuff for sale this week, i only wish i had the moula to buy it...

Anonymous said...

why thank you :) moula is always good. trying to get some myself hahah...

Anonymous said...

Yea, BloodyChipHam is most def ewwww, lol. It's an *inside* joke between me and a couple of my friends :P

Anonymous said...

You and your friends have some seriously *interesting* *inside* jokes :) heheh

None of em are as funny as the sandwich tho, I bet ;)

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO! NOTHING can top the sandwich, haha ;)

Anonymous said...

I know you are looking for a response from a "normal" person, so here I am. . looking very hard for a "normal" person. Anybody who gets offended by ANYTHING needs to pull their heads out of their ass, put all of their puritanical bullshit into a closed, sealed car with a hose leading from the exhaust pipe into the window, climb in after and turn on the car while listening to Michael Bolton. This will accomplish two things.

1. Your family and friends will not blame you for offing yourself. As a matter of fact, the police will probably rule it a murder thinking that no person would subject themselves to that music. So, they will rationalize that you were drugged, put into the car and forced to listen to that shit while drifting off into your own personal land of conformity and boorishness, and it was probably done by someone that doesn’t feel they need to be led around by the nose, excepting the forced and more often than not, legislated “baby-boomer” view of society that has infested this country. Hell, this world!

2. I won’t have to spend several hours a day screaming at my radio and TV when I here about some little fuck-head who gets offended about anything from using the word “god” in our country’s pledge, to some Denver city council bitch calling it racest because a local radio station switches it’s format from Latino to Country. See, now I’ve offended all the bitches out their haven’t I? Of course, these little weasels (shit, now I’ve offended little weasels) maybe should go on trying to change all our lives by not allowing those that want access to free speech on TV and Radio, the freedom to that access. Why should they maybe go on bitching? So we won’t have to listen to them cry when they have to deal with the fact that they are just too pathetic to deal with normal life and what little sanity they have left won’t snap. Stop blaming society and your parents for all the “pain and unfairness” you have to deal with each time your McDonald’s coffee is too hot, or you have to wait more then 20 minutes in an Emergency room to get your splinter removed, while the doctors work on 5 people who just got their heads blown off by some fucking whinny bastard who went ballistic because his Mamma didn’t breast feed him past his 5th birthday.

Take that fucking wasted energy you spend on complaining about every little “hardship” you have, and put it towards something useful. . like seeing if you can reach the trigger of that 12-gage with your toes.

Oh, offending screen name? How ‘bout “BlowMeYouFuckingGuppie’s”.

Wow . . . sorry ‘bout that. Rough day at the baby-killing factory I guess. I feel much better now. . .
Let’s see, who could be offended by this rant? Normal people, Michael Bolton, people who can’t afford to own a car, people who killed themselves, families and friends of people who killed themselves, conformist and boorish people, legislators, baby-boomers, little fuck-heads, atheist, McDonalds, coffee drinkers, bitches and weasels, people that cry, the insane, people with gunshot wounds, women who breast feed their babies, people with no toes and guppies. Not bad for a day’s work.

If I haven’t offended you yet, just give me your little prissy-ass cause, and I’ll get right back to ya.

Anonymous said...

You didn't offend blind people...?

I just wanted to make sure you didn't leave anyone or anything out :)

oh yeah and george w...think you forgot him too...

Anonymous said...

After polling 100% of the blind people I know - they come in at 87.3% dumber than a shrimp-flavored stump.

Which is slightly less than the 88.3% of statistics that are flat out made up on the spot.

Of course, neither of those groups are close to the 100% of poll-takers that missed their nap today...

Anonymous said...

Uhm...and then...yahoo said i could use my name if i put my job title in front of it. Or...well...i PUT my job title in front of my name and then yahoo's name screening bot didn't flag me. So i guess we just get to suffer suggestions that we might be offensive. Hell, I'd rather be officially deemed offensive. Prolly more fun.