I want to buy something. I am spend-needy. I hate it when I get like this. I can't spend enough money, and of course the things you buy give you like 4 seconds of gratification, then you want to buy something else...
...must be close to that time of month again *checks calendar...fuck...yep*
Actually, I really do need to purchase a computer. And my husband is on board with the idea, pretty much, so you'd think I'd have bought one, wouldn't you? Our main computer is four years old...which sounds really bad except that when I bought it, it was SICK...totally beyond the cutting edge of technology. I had it custom built :) Today, its not a monster any more, but its as good as the new stuff you can buy from Dell or Gateway for $600.... My laptop is just as old, and doesn't perform well except to get on the internet any more. My husband's laptop is so sad it runs Windows 98...hahah...and it does get on the internet and stuff just fine...
But I have a spendy need...and a need for speed....and a need for a new SICK machine...
Dell has a nice new laptop thats not *sick* but its as powerful as a workstation...I bought two of them for my computer lab (typing on it now) and they are really nice. They will run my graphics programs and games (most importantly games) just fine. But then I found alienware, and for a mere $5000 (!!!!!!) I can have a top of the line, fucking SICK gaming computer - laptop or desktop really, my choice...
Eh. If only I had $5000. Sure I can finance it. At 1000000000% interest over 30 years...Ugh.
So yeah, I've not yet purchased a computer. Can't afford what I want, and once I saw the alienware computers, my interest in all other systems pretty much took a dive.
I also want some new clothes. More DIY. I'm bored with everything I have now :) so I've returned to scouring the DIY market for acceptable clothing. Ugh again. Hard to find good stuff to choose from. I'm so tired of Tshirt altered items I could just die. I can't even bring msyelf to make hoodies and jackets right now from T-shirts...the inspiration for that has totally left me :S So I'm left with the few places where I can buy handmade items...and from that selection, I have to weed out the crap, and from that selection, I have to weed out the styles I dont like...and from what's left, I have to weed out the expensive shit...and from there, I'm left with three choices....
So I really haven't been buying DIY. But I sooooo have the need to...
And I want to buy computer games. But I never have time to play. I've put in about 100 bids on World of Warcraft games...don't want to pay $50 for it retail since I will never have time to play it anyway, so I've been looking for the eBay bargain. And I always get outbid by some idiot who doesnt realize that his bid plus shipping is MORE than the $50 you could pay at Best Buy and get it TODAY. Fuckheads. I don't even know what they're thinking when they do that....
So I really haven't bought any new computer games....
Jeff wants a new Xbox 360. No one has gone to the store to buy it. We have gift cards from Christmas that would pay about half of it...
I did buy some new underwear last week...hahah...I was walking through the train station (they have a mall-ish area therein) and saw a Victorias Secret and immediately rushed in to take advantage of the 5 pair for $20 deal on black cotton bikinis ;)....too much information???
I NEED TO BUY SOMETHING. sooooomething. sooooooooomething..... just to make the urge subside for 4 seconds ;) I've been buying material and trims and all that kind of stuff for work, but it doesn't even help for 4 seconds anymore...justifiable spending doesn't really kill the urge. I need superfluous expenditures here...
omfg I hate this time of the month.....what the fuck goes wrong with the hormones anyway???
Maybe I should just cash out my Paypal account in $1 bills and go to the top of the US Capitol building and just scatter them to the wind...*hmmmm*....
Wednesday, February 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
If you really, really need to buy something, I have an idea. . . Go buy a $50 US Savings Bond. In about 30 years you'll be able to take it and go buy a $20 Laptop.
too late...i bought the damn computer...
*blushes*
Was just browsing past your blog after browsing past your DIY/OOAK stuff...
About paying too much for Warcraft on ebay... This is only one scenario, but as an American living overseas, I wanted a US-version of the game so I could play on the USA servers with friends back home (even if that is the middle of the night for me here), most N American online retailers are forbidden to ship the US version to Asia, the only obvious option I had was to buy "aftermarket" (ebay) from one of the small handful of repuatable-seeming folks who had it listed and were also willing to ship overseas. I shopped around for a while but most of the willing-to-ship overseas NIB auctions were selling at a preimium.
But, I am sure there are plenty of local idiots who are just overpaying as well.
Post a Comment