I dunno. I guess I give up on my dream of modeling my corsets?? Well, maybe not just yet, but soon. It seems I can't lose another pound of weight no matter how hard I try, unless I just give up eating. And starving yourself to death just hurts too damn much. And I couldn't maintain it anyway. *sigh* I guess I'm chubby for life. great. grand. fanfreakingtastic.
I don't know what else is to be done. 4-5 workouts a week, eat right...deny myself everything. No change. Well, a little change. But not enough change.
And as I surf ebay more and more sellers are dropping the mannequins and finding real people to model their clothes on. I can't do it. I am literally all alone here in DC, the only other people I know are my husband and my cat (she thinks shes people, so she counts). No one wants to see my husband in a corset. My cat won't play along. So its me or nobody. And me refuses to cooperate.
*curses body she was born with*
So yeah, I'm just about to give up on the idea that I could model my corsets. Maybe if I sewed up a little *corset extender* LOL...a strip of material with grommets on each side, make each one like a double lace-up, a few more inches of room...nah...the room isnt the problem. its my shape. my fucking short torso...most of my corsets are 13 to 14 inches long...waaay too long for me to wear. and its my lovely potato shape. we have the waify and curveless boy-like shape, we have the perfect hourglass shape, and then we have the potato. Congratulations cindy, you are a potato. No amount of lifting or running or dieting will change your potato to a waif. You may make a smaller potato, but its still just a potato.
Why do I have this overwhelming urge for french fries?
When there's a four inch difference in your bust, waist and hip measurements, youre a potato. You're freakin Ms. Idaho.
So I guess I stick with the mannequin. And watch my sales suffer. It would only be worse with me in them ~ look at this gorgeous corset...so perfectly well made, a work of art...and you too could look like a potato in it, just like me!! *sigh*
Tuesday, July 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
i'd gladly wear them for you and send a diigital pic, mind you you have to send them all the way to canada's cold north ( well its summer temps in the 20s celcuis so its not cold)
but the only pproblem for you is that i wont send them back.........
hehehehe
hahahah :) Damit I knew there was a catch somewhere! Id probably send you all my stuff for like 3 or 4 weeks before I caught on even :)
I think potato girls should unite against the man...keepin us down!!
or some such.
im gonna go have some potato chips. and some french fries. and something else...potato-y.
I have an idea. Maybe you could get one of your buyers to model their corset for you, then you could show that photo along with your other corsets, wich would get possible buyers a chance to see how your corset type looks on a real body...?
hehe CALLING ALL HOT BODIED angrygirl gear clients!!! send me pictures damit LOL!!!
not a bad idea :) now i just need someone to do it....
anyone???
any non potatos out there wanna help a spud out?
i need a cookie.
Oh I'd do it, but I haven't really bought anything (yet). :)
I see a niche here...
Let's say - I could find an appropriate torso so wrap your current project around.
I would photograph the aforementioned project-wrapped torso, creatively and 'tastefully' crop and color correct said torso, and forward a few versions for you to choose which pic to promote your project.
Said torso would get to keep the demo copy?
I don't have the full business plan in place - but let me get another drink and I may finish this off yet tonight....
as long as said torso does not belong to jim...!!!...you may be on to some sort of idea here :)
oy...jim in corset
i'l send a pick of he corset and one with he srug and corset..............when i get around to it..............dunno when.
Post a Comment