So I was just watching TV...the news...ugh...while I was running on the treadmill. Yes. Running. Treadmill. Miles. Miles. Hehehe I goddamn nearly kill myself working out and I'm gonna brag about it...thats right. I RUN!!
hahah reminds me of Kid Rock ~ It ain't braggin motherfucker if you back it up.
ANYHOO...watching news...and they come on to say gas prices (currently at $2.45 a gallon for regular unleaded...not the fancy shit either) are going UP! They say that by the fourth of July, gas prices should be at...get this
AN ALL TIME HIGH.
all time high. ALL TIME. Thats all time...ever.
The story went on to say that the fourth of July has now almost taken over Thanksgiving as the biggest travel holiday ever. They also estimate that nearly 600,000 DC residents will be leaving the District this weekend for the holiday (lucky bastards...I'll be here home alone sewing while the man spins rock n roll). Turns out this number is...get this
AN ALL TIME HIGH.
all time high. ALL TIME. Thats all time...ever.
Does anyone here see this correlation? Of course we all do. Its common knowledge that the oil industry and our own government like to fuck us hard at busy travel times. Because we all work so hard all year for our pittance salaries, we deserve a vacation where we get fucked on the cost of that well deserved rest.
That notwithstanding. The report goes on to interview the common *man on the street* to get his opinion of the gas prices and if this news will affect his travel plans. Here is what the common *man on the street* had to say (and this is just before I fell off my treadmill)...
*You know, we are going to put the price of gas in abeyance and travel anyway. They can do what they want with gas prices, we are still going to do what we want to do*
HEY FUCKTARD. THATS WHY THEY KEEP DOING IT TO US.
its just me, isnt it? *sigh* i was shocked he even KNEW how to use the word 'abeyance' correctly. the idiot. i guess i have to stop running...bad for my mental health.
Monday, June 27, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Amen! Preach it sister! I try to keep it very quiet that my father-in-law works in the oil business. Of course he's kind of a grunt along with the rest of us, just trying to survive. . .
Post a Comment